What is the most expensive coffee in the world? Have you hear of Kopi Luwak or Civet Coffee? Civet coffee are produced by Asian palm civet and are extracted from their poop. Yes, it is an animal poop. The whole process of creating a coffee like this is very intricate and tedious that only around 500 to 1000 pounds (250kg to 500kg) are produced every year.
Well, most of us would think that Civet Coffee would be the most expensive and rarest but it is not. Have you heard about Ivory Coffee? If not, then you would be surprise that it is factually the most expensive and rarest coffee in the world. Like the Kopi Luwak it is produced through an animal poop – an elephant.
So why is Ivory Coffee so rare and expensive?
- Will produce 150 kg in 2015
- Requires 33 kg of coffee cherries to make 1 kg of coffee
- Naturally refined by rescued elephants and made from 100% Thai Arabica coffee beans
- Brewed in a machine whose design dates back to 1840 France
- Donates 8% of its sales towards the care of street rescued elephants at the Golden Triangle Asian Elephant Foundation
- The world’s most memorable coffee drinking experience
Curious about how it is done? Watch this video and be amazed.
- W Retreat Samui (Thailand)
- PER AQUUM Niyama (Maldives)
- Marina Bay Sands (Singapore)
- Anantara Phuket Villas (Thailand)
- Taj Exotica (Maldives)
- Soneva Fushi (Maldives)
- Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai (Thailand)
- MGM Macau (Macau)
- Anantara Phuket Layan Resort & Spa (Thailand)
- Avani Sepang Goldcoast Resort (Malaysia)
- Banyan Tree Phuket (Thailand)
- Belmond Napasai (Thailand)
- Conrad Koh Samui (Thailand)
- The Pavilions Resort (Thailand)
- Paresa Resorts (Thailand)
- Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve (Thailand)
- Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle (Thailand)
- The Siam Hotel (Bangkok, Thailand)
- Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok (Thailand)
- The Elephant Story (USA)
- Anantara Dhigu Resort and Spa (Maldives)
- Anantara Kihavah Villas (Maldives)
- Naladhu (Maldives)
- Anantara Golden Triangle (Thailand)
So there you go. If you had an actual experience drinking Ivory Coffee please do share it with us.
Thanks for reading!