Coffee will remain to be a beverage that will be loved by many for years to come and that is why we are really pushing in making sure that we deliver only the best and quality Philippine coffee machines to our partners. Do you know that there are very interesting facts about coffee that you might not have heard of yet? Well here’s some of them.
- Iced coffee. To make iced coffee you need to brew double the amount of coffee beans to compensate for the ice melting. This is the reason why iced coffee is usually more expensive.
- Coffee in the office. Do you know that a 20-person office drinks about 62 cups of coffee per day? If you do not believe us then try measuring how many cups of coffee your officemates consume and you will be surprised.
- Caffeine. Do you know that a brewed coffee has the most amount of caffeine in it with 95mg followed by instant coffee with 82mg and… Red Bull with 80 mg. Your favorite can of soda has about 40mg of caffeine in it while decaf coffee had only around 3mg.
- Most expensive coffee. The most expensive coffee is not actually kopi luwak ior cat poop coffee or civet cat coffee. Civet coffee costs $160 per pound which means it can make around 40 cups of coffee or . $4 per cup, however regular coffee shops sells at $35-$100 per cup. The most expensive coffee is made from elephant dung, and it’s called Black Ivory coffee.
- Breakfast and coffee. Would you believe that most people who skips breakfast would never skip drinking coffee? A study in the US shows that approximately 25% of Americans skip their breakfast but 50% drink coffee every morning.
- Gigantic coffee. GourmetGiftBaskets.com created the world’s largest cup of coffee at 2,010 US gallons.
- Love miracle. If you are planning for a date would you believe that a coffee shop will probably be the most romantic? A survey of more than 300 singles revealed that most favor a coffee shop environment for a first date.
Wow! Those were simply interesting. Do you know of coffee facts that are not included above? If you do share it with us and post a comment below.
Thanks for reading!